Thursday, January 10, 2008

That's Entertainment....


Saturday morning - chuck the dirty clothes into the washing machine, check my e-mail, and then off to the bank to put a Christmas cheque into the savings account. But I'm six minutes too late (it's past noon). Feck.

Down to the post office sorting depot where a package (hopefully a Christmas pressie) is waiting for me. But I'm a day too late and it's been returned to sender. Feck.

Dawdle back home, but pass the football ground on the way back, and already there are a couple of police around, and that slight but unmistakable atmosphere of a home game. I walk into club shop; Ipswich versus Premier League Portsmouth, 3rd round of the FA Cup. £20 secures me a rather good ticket just below the press box up high in the Britannia Stand, right on the half-way line. Another £6 secures a blue acrylic scarf with the words Ipswich Town and the badge of the cart-nag probably a Suffolk Punch.

Back at the flat the washing cycle is nearly done. I watch Paperlillies on YouTube and iron until 2:30pm. I'm wearing two pairs of socks, my tracksuit bottoms over my jeans, two sweaters, hat, and gloves. And the new scarf. I should have stayed in Spain.

The game is great and it's interesting to see just how good the likes of David James, Sol Campbell, and Kanu are. Ipswich go down to 10 men after a harsh sending off (it looked worse live than on the replays) and Nugent (I think) scores for Pompey. So it's 1-0 to the visitors and Ipswich are out of cup once again. Feck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Ah, the mighty Nugent. First North Ender to play for England for many a year. His goals are much missed this season but £6m was too much to turn down!

4:04 pm  
Blogger roGER said...

Alas, North End could use some of his goals this season.

They are going down for sure.

Sigh.

Maybe I should go back to Manchester and watch a team that wins...

10:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home