Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Told You So

The result of the US election which came in on Wednesday morning last week gave me the chance to type the most beautiful phrase in the English language:

I told you so

Predicting the future is bloody difficult, as my 100% wrong Olympics prediction proved, so it's nice to get the US election result correct, especially as America has been such a bitterly divided country for almost 15 years now. 

Sorry to say I'm also taking enormous pleasure from the howling and madness of the more extreme Republican and conservative commentators. Their reactions are nicely summarised on Andrew Sullivan's blog here.


Although it's as well to point out that as time passes and emotions cool, not every conservative has lost his or her mind:




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home